Monday, February 13, 2017

N.C. Winters Urgent Need Print Release






N.C. Winters is releasing a new print this week to help a great cause.
Since the recent presidential election, I've struggled with finding the best way to express myself regarding the heightened sense of hostile rhetoric in our current political and social climate. I had originally planned a new print in response, based around some darker, angrier imagery. I was hoping to voice my frustration through art, something I don't always do, as I try to keep political views out of my works for the general public. This was the time however, to make my voice heard.

Very quickly though, I realized the best way I could contribute to the conversation, and the best way to keep my head free from constant anger and resentment was to focus on compassion and inclusion. So I scrapped some of the original designs and instead focused on a new message of hope and compassion. The result is "Urgent Need" which combines imagery of rebirth in the allegory of the Phoenix, combined with unique imagery with an emphasis on compassion for the beauty of ALL life, however different from one's own.
As part of this special release, I'm proud to be donating 20% of all profits of the sale directly to the ACLU. While I wish it could be a greater percentage, this is an experiment to see if this print and message will find resonance with buyers who are of like mind. If the sale does well, I plan on future prints with a similar theme where I can hopefully donate a much larger percentage to the ACLU and other important organizations. Together, hopefully we can all work together to make a difference through art.
Prints are 16" x 20" Limited edition of 300. Five-color hand-pulled screenprint on Madero Beach speckletone 100# cover stock. Each print is hand signed & numbered.on Madero Beach 100lb speckletone paper, expertly printed by Daniel Askar at Static Medium Printing. Each print is hand signed and numbered and will never be reprinted. Prints are $40 each. 
The print will be available for purchase this coming Wednesday, February 15 at 9:37AM PST. Direct purchase link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

//SEO SCRIPT POWERED BY www.alltechbuzz.in